Filling FSSAI annual return is a tedious and daunting process. It is necessary for every eatery, grocery shop, food distributor, and restaurant to file for FSSAI annual return; all these FBOs file FSSAI Form D1. And FBOs indulge in manufacturing and distribution of milk and milk products file FSSAI Form D2. At Corpbiz, we make sure that you file your return on time without facing any difficulty.
• Businesses involved in food manufacturing, importing, exporting, selling are required to file for the FSSAI annual return. Those who are involved in manufacturing and distribution of milk should file for a half-yearly return.
• Each FBO with the business turnover equivalent to or surpassing Rs. 12 lakh.
Business operator can file for FSSAI annual return as per their convenience. The annual return form is available in two forms; the operator can fill it either electronically or physically since the form is available in physical format as well.
Form D2 is filed half-yearly and not every food business operator is eligible to file Form D2. Instead, FSSAI license holders who are involved in the manufacturing and distribution of milk or milk products can file Form D2.br> Form D2 is filled from 1st April to 30th September and from 1st October to 31st March of every financial year.
According to Section 2.1.13 (3) of FSS (Licensing and Registration) Regulations, 2011, if the food business administrators don't record the return within the prescribed time period, at that point a fine of Rs 100 will be forced on them consistently and will continue expanding if the default proceeds.
• A food business must comply with the given mentioned compliances:
• FSSAI rules states factory’s sanitary and hygiene and also keep a record of worker’s hygiene.
• Keep up day by day records of creation, crude materials, use, and sales independently.
• Guarantee that the source and norms of raw material utilized are of ideal quality.
• Not to produce, store or expose for sale, any article of food in any premises. That is close by or part of any privy, urinal, sullage, channel or spot of capacity of waste issue.
• On a daily basis, clean the machines and other equipment.
• Guarantee testing of pertinent synthetic as well as microbiological contaminants in food items, at any rate once in a half year.
|FSSAI Returns||Due Dates||To Be Filed By|
|Form D1||31st May||Every food manufacturer, importer etc.|
|Form D2 (Half-Yearly Return)||30th September/30th March||Manufacturer of milk/milk products|
Food business units involved in manufacturing, importing, labelling, packing, re-labelling, and re-packing needs to file for FSSAI Form D1, filling form D1 is mandatory for them. The form is prescribed by the Food Safety Commissioner and is a mandatory thing for the FBOs irrespective of the production they are involved in.
The FSSAI annual return, Form D1 should be filed on or before 31st May of every fiscal year. The form is filed with the Licensing Authority depending upon the type of food products sold by the FBO in the preceding financial year.