+91 98713 66293


Alteration of MOA & AOA

Changes to Memorandum of Association (MOA) can be effected through a special resolution at the shareholders meeting. Changing the MOA of a company is a complex and extensive procedure, hence due professional care must be taken during the procedure Changes to the name of a company would require an alteration to the MOA by passing a special resolution. In case changes to the name of a private limited or public limited company is effected, consent or authorization of Central Government is not required. In any other case, the consent of Central Government would be required. Further, in the event of a company being registered with a name that bears a resemblance to a name of an existing company, the Central Government might ask it to alter its name. In such a case ordinary resolution is adequate.


Alteration of AOA

Any Company which intended to make any change to the Article of Association (AOA) of its company, will have to comply with the provisions of Section- 14 of Companies Act, 2013 and any other applicable provisions of the Act and applicable rules. Company can alter its Article by way of addition, deletion, modification, substitution, or in any other way, only if it wants.